Joe’s third post from Uganda

I am now finally back in my favourite place: Queen Elizabeth National Park! I have had a very long day of travelling setting off from Jinja at 7am and arriving at Queen at 6 55pm! Nearly twelve hours on the road, but what a beautiful journey it was. Rolling hills, tea, coffee and banana plantations, bright blue skies and smiling faces all the way. As we got closer to queen the rolling hills became towering mountains as we came very close to the Congo. When we arrived at queen I met up with Yowasi to give him the money raised by Liss for the solar panels at his school, he says a massive thank you to everyone! And as we drove deep into the park, towards the wonderful hippo house on the Mweyan peninsula I was really lucky to see elephant, hippo, buffalo, warthog and lots of different birds (including my favourite the bright yellow weaver bird!) all in about 40 minutes of driving! I’ll keep you all posted of my adventures around queen working with the Rangers and hopefully seeing lots of exciting things!

The view at Mweya yesterday

The view at Mweya yesterday

This entry was posted in Trips, Twinning Project, Uganda and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.